UNITY IN THE GOLD COUNTRY
VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION – SUNDAY PLATFORM ASSISTANT
POSITION: SUNDAY PLATFORM
PURPOSE: To assist the Minister/Speaker with the order of service
SCHEDULE: 1 and a half hours one Sunday a month
REPORTS TO: Volunteer Coordinator
1. Come in at 10:00am and check in with Minister/speaker to discuss the order of service.
2. Do a microphone check with the assistance of the sound person
3. Read over the Daily Word for that day.
4. Make sure the candles on the altar are lit before service begins. Choose lighter/matches to light the Christ candle and check that the lighter works. When clicking the lighter keep it away from microphone.
5. At 10:15 am go upstairs for the service volunteer meeting with the Minister/Speaker
6. After that meeting go and pick up the “Cares and Joys” prayer sheet and bring to podium.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Poise and ability to project a welcoming presence; ability to hear sounds at a normal range and to speak in a clear articulate voice; a calm disposition in the event of any mishaps; people skills – smiling & a desire to help others.
COMMENTS: You will be provided specific training by the Minister and a detailed written script. This position is essential to the smooth functioning of the Sunday Service and a good rapport with the Minister is essential.
COMPLETED BY: Patricia Haller DATE: 11/18/21